When people hear my signature slogan, Know the Plays, or get Sidelined, they think I'm a love expert. The truth is my work is a product of my own search for answers from women who looked like me and could relate to my experience. I wrote Sidelined because it was the story I wanted to read as I navigated my way through this thing called love. Great love advice can sustain you during your relationships most challenging moments. Hopefully, these candid love tips from five amazing women will resonate with you and give you guidance on the love you want to attain.
1. Love doesn’t look the same for everyone: “People love in different ways. You may have a man who brings you flowers every Monday but doesn’t give two hooty-hoots about Valentine’s Day. Just because he doesn’t give you a Valentine doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you!" - Jada Pinkett Smith
2. Love allows you to be true to yourself: "If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay. Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that’s not meant to be. Slower is better. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy." - Oprah Winfrey
3. Love requires openness: "Love is love, and a lot of times, people might be in the situation they're in because they put barriers up. Like, some people only want to date a model or an actor or an athlete. You're only limiting yourself. Open up to what's out there because God made us all." - Tamera Mowry
4. Love entails ebbs and flows of understanding and willingness: "As a newly married person, as much as I would love for my husband to buy into the 'my way or the highway' philosophy, you realize it's all about compromising and finding some sort of middle ground that everyone can live with." - Gabrielle Union
5. Love prompts growth, together and as individuals: "If you’re with the right person, it brings out the best version of you." - Beyoncé